KLAW ERC Collar Release Mechanism
The collar release mechanism of the KLAW ERC offers two distinct advantages for LNG safety transfer applications.
The first is that the KLAW Collar Release Mechanism does not rely on axial tensile load in the hose line or any other part of the transfer system such as loading systems or other connections such as flange joints.
The second is control. The Collar Release Mechanism is hydraulically controlled from the HPU. This provides numerous control options and solutions to all foreseeable emergencies.
Conceptual demonstration of the Collar Release Mechanism using Sequential Closure illustrations
- Valve Mechanism is in open-flow status.
- The Collar Release is activated.
- Main seal retains media until valves close.
- Valve are now closed and the separation sequence continues.
- Collar Release is detached and the coupling separates.
Resistance to vibration and pressure spikes
Because activation is dependent on the Collar Release Mechanism and not on tensile loads being exerted via the connection of the two halves of the coupling, the ERC is not vulnerable to vibration, pressure spikes or other hose handling issues.